Peoria, Arizona Drug Testing
Our testing locations do not accept payment and require a drug test order form at the time of testing. Please click the "Order a Test" button to order your test. Once your order has been processed, your drug test order form will be emailed to you.
SAMHSA Report for Arizona
Reports published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration estimate that there are 522,000 people over the age of 12 who are dependent or abuse illicit drugs or alcohol in Arizona. Though Peoria is nowhere near epidemic levels, drug testing and drug free workplace programs help to directly address substance abuse issues in a community.
Frequently Asked Questions about Drug and Alcohol Testing in Peoria
- Is it okay to drug test if we don't have a drug testing policy in place?
- Not a good idea from a liability perspective. Just think about what you will do if the person tests positive. Your best practice and to be safe from liability is to have a drug free workplace policy prior to drug testing employees. Custom written drug testing policies are available from US Drug Test Centers.
- Can I fire an employee for being on drugs or for suspecting they are on drugs?
- You should have a company drug free workplace policy stating the consequences of a positive drug test. You can fire an employee for a violation of your company policy. It is not a best practice to fire someone based on suspicion of drug use. Always check with your human resources and/or legal departments.
- With all this Medical Marijuana, Can I Maintain a Drug Free Workplace?
- Yes, with medical and recreational marijuana, employers still need to maintain drug free workplace programs. Various federal laws require all employers to provide a safe and healthy work environment and those with certain safety-sensitive jobs or who have federal contracts or grants to maintain a drug-free workplace. Employers whose businesses are related to public safety and security must be able to ensure their employees are not impaired while at work. Otherwise, employers face litigation of a different sort: lawsuits caused by impaired employees that involve injuries or deaths among fellow employees or the general public.
- In States with medical and/or recreational marijuana, employers may choose whether to make an exception for medical marijuana use. But, if that is an exception that an employer decides to make, it must be an exception that is applied after a thoughtful consideration of all the safety and business risks involved and done in a manner in which the employer does not unnecessarily expose itself to potential claims for discrimination (particularly if the exception is granted to some but not all employees).
Drug-Free Workplace Policy and Programs
Employers need to establish a program that will ensure that all employees are not in any potential danger arising from injuries or accident due to alcohol and drug misuse. It is every employer's duty to ensure a safe and healthful working condition for all employees. Employees must take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others, and cooperate with the employer with respect to action taken by the employer to comply with company alcohol and drug policy regulations.
US Drug Test Centers offers different drug free workplace programs. We can talk with your company to help put a drug free workplace program in place by creating a drug-free policy manual, setting up management with online drug free workplace training, enrolling all employees into random drug testing programs and more. We also give your company access to our cloud based software that allows you to schedule employee drug testing anywhere in the country 24/7!
Peoria's Most Accurate Drug or Alcohol Testing
How do I know if the test is accurate? All of US Drug Test Centers' specimens go to a SAMHSA certified laboratory for testing. SAMHSA has an active advisory board that keeps its employees and administrators abreast of current and changing laws when it comes to drug testing. There are Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Employee Drug Testing Programs that must carry consistencies throughout every agency and company that SAMHSA laboratories supplies. The advisory board has professionals that are uniquely qualified in their respective fields to review scientific evidence in the area of drug and alcohol treatment and testing practices.Have more questions, visit our FAQs page for answers!
Testing options may vary on a site by site basis. Additional fees may apply depending on your location.
US Drug Test Centers
We are your complete drug-free workplace solution for employers. We provide drug testing for all reasons such as pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, and return to duty. We have a state-of-the-art cloud-based software that allows you to order drug testing 24/7, store all drug test results and chain of custody forms (forever), and you can see the status of all completed drug testing. We have random drug and alcohol testing consortiums and follow all DOT rules and regulations to direct your company in the right direction to stay in compliance. We can create drug-free workplace policy manuals specific to your company’s needs, and we provide online trainings. Our online trainings are perfect for company Supervisors to learn what signs to look for if someone might be under the influence. We also have trainings that explain what Supervisors should know about the DOT rules and regulations in regards to the drug and alcohol testing program. We are a part of the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA), and we always stay up to date with all drug testing-related rules and regulations. If you have any questions about state-specific laws regarding drug and alcohol testing, please contact our office and one of our team members will be glad to help you. If your company would like more information regarding setting up a corporate account you can set up an account online or contact us at 866-566-0261.